Now that we are 4 months into 2022, I thought I would do a quick recap on the goals I set for myself this year. I broke my goals down into personal and professional goals (professional being my Eat.Drink.Travel.Repeat. brand).
- I will find a core group of friends that feel like home. Still haven’t found my people, but I did create a Meetup group called Girls Gone Social Orlando, and it has grown by leaps and bounds since I started it two months ago. I’ve done a few meetups but haven’t really clicked with anyone…yet. I am still hopeful I will find that great group of people to fill that void in my life!
- I will get to my happy weight. I will nourish my body with fresh, healthy foods and I will do workouts that I love and make me feel strong. Haven’t lost more than a few pounds, but I have lost some inches and have been consistently going to the gym a few times a week for 5:30am workouts. My husband and I also tried Orange Theory Fitness last week. Turns out, I love it and definitely want to sign up sometime soon! I’ve been having plenty of stomach issues, so that could be related to not losing weight and I am scheduled to get my gallbladder out on the 9th of May. If I am still not losing weight, I will have to talk to my doctor to see if there is an underlying issue.
- I will travel to 5 new places within the USA and 1 place internationally. We have our belated honeymoon booked for July. We are going to Punta Cana, Dominican Republic and staying at an all-inclusive resort. I can’t wait! I also visited NYC for the first time in February with someone I am sadly no longer friends with. I got to experience lots of awesome things and I need to recap that trip at some point on the blog. I am heading down to Palm Beach this weekend alone to attend an influencer event at The Square in Palm Beach. I’ve never really traveled alone, so I am both excited and nervous.
- I will grow in my relationship with God. I have been getting into reading my Bible more and getting into different devotionals. I’ve also been doing some light journaling on my faith and highlighting favorite verses in the Bible. I know Chris and I need to get back to consistently attending church every Sunday or as many Sundays as possible. This is a work in progress.
- I will become more comfortable in doing things alone. See the bullet point about travelling alone. I can also add that Chris doesn’t go to my Girls Gone Social Orlando meetups, and though I still get really bad anxiety right before doing something or going somewhere alone, I push through it. I think my doctor putting me on Wellbutrin for my depression and anxiety has also helped a lot.
- I will say yes to more spontaneity. This is a work in progress. I am not good with spontaneity and like things planned out to the second. But I am trying!
- I will reach 1,000 followers on Instagram. Done! I am almost at 10k followers on Instagram!
- I will become more comfortable with making videos of myself on TikTok and Instagram. I am not at that point yet, but I have done a few TikToks with voiceovers, so that is a small start.
- I will grow my brand into an actual side hustle that becomes extra income. I’ve had the opportunity to work with a few PR companies and Influencer platforms. Since January, I’ve partnered with Upside app, Metro Diner, Denny’s and Carabba’s. I am also helping to create content with the Curry Ford West District for their website and blog. I’m hoping that I will land some paid campaigns soon!
- I will work with 2+ brands this year. Done! See bullet point above.
So there you have it! Did you set goals for yourself this year? Tell me your #1 goal!