Every month, I stop into Ulta Beauty to check out what’s new and sometimes stock up on favorite products. In the beginning of 2022, I decided to make taking better care of my skin a top priority. After all, I just turned 40. Can’t tell by looking at me though, I think the Lord blessed me with good genes!
I usually give myself a budget when I go into Ulta because if I didn’t, I’m sure I would buy anything and everything for cute packaging alone! This month, I spent just under $60 and picked up some fun things to try. Keep reading for product names, descriptions and my initial thoughts of each!
- e.l.f Daily Dew Stick in Cool Berry– a refreshing and cool on the skin highlighter stick. A few swipes over my cheekbones and down the bridge of my nose and my face looked dewy and fresh! Highly recommend adding this to your daily beauty routine. Also great for on-the-go!
- e.l.f. Putty Bronzer in Tan Lines– a putty to powder bronzer that is easily buildable for sun-kissed skin. I really wanted to love this, but I don’t. It didn’t give me a lot of color and I felt I had to really pack it on my skin to be noticeable.
- Colour Pop Lippie Pencil in Oh Snap– a long-wearing and super pigmented pinky/nude lip pencil. I’m normally not a lip pencil person, but since I’m due for a lip-filler touch up, I thought I would try this until I go for my next filler appointment. It is easy to use, goes on creamy and makes my lips look great! I’ve been pairing it with Colour Pop’s Lippie Stix in Cookie for my every day lip color. The only thing I don’t like about this lip pencil is that it has to be sharpened.
- Curlsmith Curl Defining Souffle– a hair styling moisturizer and gel in one. I used this for a few weeks and noticed that my hair looked better than with other products I’ve tried and didn’t leave my curls crunchy feeling. I like it a lot but I don’t know if I love it enough to purchase the full size version.
- The Creme Shop Hyaluronic Acid Gelee Mask– an overnight mask that helps moisturize skin and reduce fine lines while you sleep. I am in the self-care skin chapter of my life and have been “adding to cart” so many different skin care treats to try. This is a super affordable way ($12/jar) to add hyaluronic acid to your skin care routine. I use it almost every night before I go to bed. I love that it is a thick jelly texture, but still lightweight and it smells so good too! I have noticed that my skin feels smoother and softer when I wake in the morning. I will definitely be repurchasing this!
Did you purchase any fun or must-have beauty products last month? Let me know what I should pick up next!