As 2021 comes to an end, I wanted to take some time to set my goals (personally and professionally) for the year ahead.
I recently saw a TikTok video where people used a snippet from motivational speaker, Brian Tracy, and his speech on how he sets goals. His method is very straight forward and easy to accomplish if you put your mind and heart into it.
First, you start with a clean piece of paper, a note in your phone, or if you’re me, a fresh blog post. Put the word “Goal” at the top along with the date. Then you number it 1-10 for 10 goals you would like to achieve in the next 12 months. The next step is important. You are going to write your goals in the present tense as if you’ve already achieved them.
Here are my goals for 2022:
- I will find a core group of friends that feel like home.
- I will get to my happy weight. I will nourish my body with fresh, healthy foods and I will do workouts that I love and make me feel strong.
- I will travel to 5 new places within the USA and 1 place internationally.
- I will grow in my relationship with God.
- I will become more comfortable in doing things alone.
- I will say yes to more spontaneity.
- I will reach 1,000 followers on Instagram.
- I will become more comfortable with making videos of myself on TikTok and Instagram.
- I will grow my brand into an actual side hustle that becomes extra income.
- I will work with 2+ brands this year.
Once you have your list, take some time to process each goal and then find the one that jumps out at you first and get to work achieving it. Keep working on that goal every single day, even if just for a few minutes, until it is complete. Wash, rinse and repeat until you’ve accomplished all of your goals.
As Brian Tracy said, “Nothing can stop you but yourself.” And how true that is! Check back soon for part 2 of this post to see which goal from both personal and professional I picked to work on first.
Cheers to new goals and a brand new year!